The NetMob 2023 Data Challenge is a competition colocated with NetMob 2023, that will take place on October 4-6, 2023 in Madrid, Spain. The challenge aims at deriving new knowledge from the analysis, characterization, modelling and cross-correlation of an original high-resolution dataset describing mobile service usage in multiple regions of France.
CoCo5G is supporting this event, with Orange and IMDEA Networks directly involved in the organization.
- Prospective participants shall apply to the challenge in order to get access to the dataset. Instructions are available at the challenge webpage.
- Admitted participants shall submit two-page extended abstracts in PDF format including title, author(s), affiliation(s) and email address(es) on the first page, describing their preliminary results from the dataset analysis by June 30, 2023.
- Selected participants will be invited to submit a final report with complete results by September 22, 2023, to present them during the NetMob 2023 conference, and will compete for the final challenge awards’.
Proposals should address one of the following three topics:
- Understanding social challenges through the lenses of mobile service usage.
- Generating reliable datasets of synthetic mobile data traffic.
- Automating network management with data-drive intelligence.
- 20 urban areas in France
- 68 mobile services
- 77 days continuous days
- 100 x 100 m2 spatial resolution
- 15 minute temporal resolution
- 400+ billion data points
- 2.3+ TB of data
- Challenge launch: May 12, 2023
- Abstract submission deadline: June 30, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: July 21, 2023
- Registration deadline: July 31, 2023
- Final report deadline: September 22, 2023
- Presentation in the conference: October 6, 2023